Wednesday 16 October 2013

October already?

Gah, I've really neglected this blog... I've been so busy, August is always like that. Birth month, innit... I spent a long weekend in Berlin at the end of August. We stayed in a beautiful flat not far from Kotti and I finally got to check Mauer Park Flohmarkt. It was heaving and expensive BUT I did get some very cool old photos for the collection and a sweet little necklace for my boyfriend’s sister. We checked the bearpit karaoke that I’ve heard so much about and was simultaneously disappointed and heartened by the lack of booing for the worst singers... I imagined myself in the pit on my first Sunday as a Berliner (LOL) singing my heart out to Bonny Tyler, a rite of passage in my new home. Or erm maybe not.

I’m now five lessons into my German language class. As a consequence my weekends have been quieter – I’ve been skint after spending all my money on cocktails and photos of randoms in Berlin anyway....


I have a sign on my desk at work. It’s just a tatty bit of paper ripped out of my note book sellotaped to the bottom of my screen. It says one word: Berlin

No comments:

Post a Comment